Officers may apply for the closer-to-home transfer list by March 31. We apologize for the late notice. The Director’s Office Memorandums (DOMs) issued March 14 state that the closer to home list will remain in effect, and that the deadline for this year’s list is March 31.
To apply, mail, email or fax a letter to MCO, attention: Karen Mazzolini. MCO’s mailing address is 421 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48933. MCO’s fax number is (517)485-3319. Applications will only be accepted by mail and fax.
Your letter should include:
- your name
- employee ID
- phone number
- personal (not .gov) email
- current work location
- desired work location
- how far you currently travel for work.
Your letter or fax must be received at the MCO Central Office by March 31 for consideration. If you submit information after that date, your application is invalid.
- Not everyone makes this list. You may apply to be considered.
- Those who voluntarily transferred in the last year will not be considered.
- Those with an active disciplinary record will not be considered.
- This list is based entirely on mileage you drive to and from work. Seniority is not a factor in consideration.
- For more information, see the DOMs issued March 14, 2019.