Officers may apply for the closer-to-home transfer list during the month of October. To apply, mail or fax a letter to MCO, attention: Cherelyn Dunlap. MCO’s mailing address is 421 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48933. MCO’s fax number is (517)485-3319.
Include your name, employee ID, address, phone number, current work location, desired work location, and how far you currently travel for work. Your letter or fax must be received Oct. 1 – Oct. 31 for consideration. If you submit information before Oct. 1 or after Oct. 31, your application is invalid.
- Not everyone makes this list. You may apply to be considered.
- Those who voluntarily transferred in the last year will not be considered.
- Those with an active disciplinary record will not be considered.
- If you are a probationary employee, but will have status by Jan. 1, 2017, you may apply to be considered.
- For more information on closer-to-home transfers, see Article 15, Part D, Section A-5 of your contract.