Apply now for the Closer-to-Home Transfer List
Officers may apply for the closer-to-home transfer list by October 31. For details, please refer to the Director’s Office Memorandum (DOM) subject: Assignment and Transfer for Security Unit Employees.
To apply, mail, email or fax a letter to MCO, attention: Stephanie Short. MCO’s mailing address is 421 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48933. MCO’s fax number is (517)485-3319. Applications will only be accepted by mail and fax.
Your letter should include:
- your name
- employee ID
- phone number
- personal (not .gov) email
- current work location
- desired work location
- how far you currently travel for work.
Your letter or fax must be received at the MCO Central Office by October 31 for consideration. If you submit information after that date, your application is invalid.
- Not everyone makes this list. You may apply to be considered.
- Those who voluntarily transferred in the last year will not be considered.
- Those with an active disciplinary record will not be considered.
- This list is based entirely on mileage you drive to and from work. Seniority is not a factor in consideration.
- For more information, see the DOM subject: Assignment and Transfer for Security Unit Employees.