MCO leaders encourage members to call Gov. Rick Snyder about the proposed Michigan Civil Service Commission rules changes. The Commission will decide on these proposed changes Wednesday, Sept. 20, so please call immediately. You can reach the governor’s office at (517)373-3400. If no one answers, leave a message.
Here are a few points you could make:
- COs and FSAs are on the job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It’s hard enough to find family time. Giving the MDOC more power over scheduling and worksites could drastically affect my home life, my childcare plans, and more.
- These changes could take away my voice in working conditions.
- Morale among MDOC employees is the lowest of any state department because of our stressful schedules and the dangerous nature of our jobs. Relationships between employees and supervisors could worsen if MDOC is given more authority over working conditions.
- MCO leaders have been trying to improve our relationship with the governor’s office. We want to be friends, not enemies. Now we need your help. Can you speak out against these changes?
- (Some of our members voted for Rick Snyder. If it applies to you, you could say:) I voted for you. Now I’m asking for your support. Can you speak out against these changes?
- Make your comments personal. Be sincere. Speak from the heart.
- Be respectful and calm.
Make the call now. Thanks, members.