MCO brothers and sisters, Today marks the beginning of the most important time period in the history of MCO. As you all know, recently the Civil Service Commission passed a […]
Reauthorize Your MCO Dues Today
Reauthorize now for the 2024-2025 fiscal year!
All members must reauthorize their dues once a year or they will automatically stop. Reauthorizing is easy and takes just one minute.
Step 1: Log in to the HR Self-Service Online Portal at
https://hrselfserv.michigan.gov/lawson/portal/ from a desktop computer or https://hrselfserv.michigan.gov/lawson/somnet/UnionDues/UnionDuesMobile.htm from a mobile device.
- If you are unfamiliar with the HR portal, this video will show you how to log in.
- If you don't remember your password, visit the password help site. If you need to reset your password and have a state email address, you will receive your new password immediately at that address. If not, your new password will be mailed to your home address.
- Please note, online portal is closed Sunday through Wednesday of the first week of each pay period.
Step 2: Once in to the portal:
- Click on Bookmarks in the top left corner
- Go to Employee Self Service
- Go to Pay
- Go to Dues Payroll Deductions
- Click submit on the Reauthorize button on the far right
- A confirmation screen comes up, click on Authorize.
These steps are outlined in this flyer and the video below.
If you are having trouble, you can always call the MCO Central Office at 517-485-3310 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Michigan Civil Service Commission ruled in 2020 that all state employee union members must reauthorize their union dues deduction every year, or the deduction will automatically end. This was done in yet another attempt to silence your voice.
Below is information on how this rule change happened and more information on reauthorization.
MCO members have faced many challenges throughout our union’s 52-year history, and we’ve overcome them. In this moment, we stand shoulder to shoulder and continue to fight for our rights together.
UPDATE: Reauthorize your dues now. Go to mco-seiu.org/reauthorize to learn how. ORIGINAL POST: The Michigan Civil Service Commission has ruled that all state employee union members must reauthorize their dues […]
UPDATE JULY 21: This video from MCO explains this new attack on state employee unions. Make sure we have your most up-to-date home contact info now: http://www.bit.ly/UpdateMCO UPDATE JULY 13: […]