MCO brothers and sisters, Today marks the beginning of the most important time period in the history of MCO. As you all know, recently the Civil Service Commission passed a rule that requires all state employee union members to reauthorize their payroll deductions for membership dues every year. That rule took effect immediately and we […]
Reauthorize Your MCO Dues Today
Reauthorize now for the 2021-2022 fiscal year!
Reauthorizing is easy and takes just one minute.
Step 1: Log in to the HR Self-Service Online Portal at
https://hrselfserv.michigan.gov/lawson/portal/ from a desktop computer or https://hrselfserv.michigan.gov/lawson/somnet/UnionDues/UnionDuesMobile.htm from a mobile device.
- If you are unfamiliar with the HR portal, this video will show you how to log in.
- If you don’t remember your password, visit the password help site. If you need to reset your password and have a state email address, you will receive your new password immediately at that address. If not, your new password will be mailed to your home address.
- Please note, online portal is closed Sunday through Wednesday of the first week of each pay period.
Step 2: Once in to the portal:
- Click on Bookmarks in the top left corner
- Go to Employee Self Service
- Go to Pay
- Go to Dues Payroll Deductions
- Click submit on the Reauthorize button on the far right
- A confirmation screen comes up, click on Authorize.
These steps are outlined in this flyer and the video below.
If you are having trouble, you can always call the MCO Central Office at 517-485-3310 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Michigan Civil Service Commission ruled in 2020 that all state employee union members must reauthorize their union dues deduction every year, or the deduction will automatically end. This was done in yet another attempt to silence your voice.
Below is information on how this rule change happened and more information on reauthorization.
MCO members have faced many challenges throughout our union’s 52-year history, and we’ve overcome them. In this moment, we stand shoulder to shoulder and continue to fight for our rights together.
**Make sure we have your most up-to-date home contact info now: http://www.bit.ly/UpdateMCO ** The Michigan Civil Service Commission has ruled that all state employee union members must reauthorize their dues deduction every year. (The video states it’s a proposed change, but it’s official now. Read more in this bulletin. ) This is yet another deliberate […]
UPDATE JULY 21: This video from MCO explains this new attack on state employee unions. Make sure we have your most up-to-date home contact info now: http://www.bit.ly/UpdateMCO UPDATE JULY 13: The Commission approved this rule change. Read more in this bulletin. UPDATE JULY 13: Today the Civil Service Commission will vote on requiring members to […]